Ultra Red Supreme (#229) is a synthetic blend, versatile, multi-purpose extreme pressure grease that is specially formulated for use in all types of heavy duty automotive, construction, mining, farming and industrial equipment. Ultra Red Supreme protects equipment even under the most adverse conditions of excessive pressure, heat, cold, moisture and high and low speeds.
Ultra Red Supreme is compounded from a unique blend of the finest select high viscosity index solvent refined, severely hydrofinished 100% paraffin base oils and Polyalphaolefin (PAO) synthetic base fluids available. Blended into this unique blend are an aluminum complex base thickener, carefully selected extreme pressure, anti-wear and rust and oxidation additives and unique polymer base additive system. This formulation provides Ultra Red Supreme with the following performance features.
- Excellent pumpability characteristics for use in centralized lube systems.
- Very good to excellent low temperature pumpability.
- Excellent resistance to water washout and water spray off.
- Excellent shear and mechanical stability.
- Excellent anti-wear and extreme pressure load carrying properties
- Excellent reversibility. This property allows Ultra Red Supreme to retain it’s grease like consistency and remain in the bearings during periods of heat, high shock loading, extreme pressure and severe mechanical action.
- Excellent resistance to bleeding.
- Excellent rust and oxidation inhibiting characteristics.
- Excellent resistance to oxidation.
- A high dropping point.
- Excellent adhesive properties in order to provide the Ultra Red Supreme with the ability to resist wash out, pound out, splatter or squeeze out during periods of high loads, vibration, shock loading, extreme pressure and severe mechanical action.
Incorporated into this blend of high viscosity index 100% paraffin base oils, aluminum complex thickener, selected additives and the polymer base additive system is synthesized moly and a proprietary solid lubricant. The synthesized moly and this proprietary solid lubricant acting in synergism with each other plate themselves to the metal surfaces of the bearings. Once plated to the metal surfaces of the bearings, the synthesized moly and the proprietary solid lubricant form a long lasting solid lubricant film that is capable of withstanding pressures up to 500,000 pounds per square inch, thus giving the metal surfaces of the bearings the protection they need during periods of high speed, high shock loads and extreme pressure.
The solid lubricant film that is formed by the synergism of the moly and the proprietary s